We take ethics seriously, especially after #gamergate where popular gaming sites were exposed for corrupt dealings. We have a dedicated ethics officer who you can contact directly in case you suspect a conflict of interest on Reaxxion. He has a direct line to the publisher.
Our Ethics Rules
1. We give full disclosure if writing about a topic that we have personal or business relationships with, including investments. All disclosures will go at the very beginning of an article. Failure to disclose relationships will result in an immediate blacklist from publishing on Reaxxion.
2. Guest writers may not write about a game or company they have financial interests in (this would be considered advertising).
3. We state in reviews if we received a complimentary game copy or unit. We also do not receive complimentary game copies in exchange for QC testing.
4. We won’t attempt to ruin individuals or companies. Any critical story is based on facts and properly sourced. We don’t publish articles with the intent to incite a mob.
5. We don’t bully, harass, threaten, SWAT, or dox anyone. Contact us if you see such activity in the comments.
6. In-house writers are not allowed to support any game developer via Patreon or direct donations.
7. We will not accept any gifts, food, beverage, perks, freebies, company swag, or lodging expenses from anyone with a financial incentive in the topics we write about.
8. We will update stories where we have made an error. Contact us if you find one.
9. We will not publish clickbait with the intent to outrage. Authors will have 100% belief in what they write. Contributors who are found to be “trolling” will be blacklisted.
Do you have a suggestion or comment about our ethics policy? Contact our ethics officer.